Do you have intentions of suicide?
- Call or Text the SUICIDE PREVENTION HOTLINE
Helpful phone numbers
- District of Columbia Access HelpLine
- (888) 793-4357
- If you or someone you know is in crisis, contact the 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline by calling or texting 988 or visiting 988lifeline.org If you are trying to reach a 988 call center in Virginia using an out-of-state area code, you can call 703-752-5263.
- Calling 988 will connect callers directly to the National Suicide & Crisis Lifeline which encompasses all behavioral crisis services, to include all mental health and substance use (problems with drug and alcohol use).
- Domestic Violence Hotline
- Child Abuse Hotline
- Elderly Abuse or Neglect
If you or someone you know is in immediate danger call 911 or go to your nearest EMERGENCY ROOM.